Tuesday, August 4 2020

Well, it's Tuesday, and I just got back from doing my civic duty at the polls. I am now fully cleared to complain about how they do things.... 😄

I got a bit more done on the kitchen floor yesterday, and hope to get it pretty much finished Wednesday. It finally dried out enough to tackle the front yard today, and boy was that grass tall and thick. We're also doing a few more things. We're taking out a bush in front, and filling in the area where it and the other bushes used to be. There are 3 rectangular areas where rainwater can collect, and possibly leak into the basement. I'm trying to eliminate any areas that can possibly contribute to basement leaks or flooding. I'm tired of dealing with it.

This is where we're taking out the bush. The area right next to the gas meter is right next to the foundation. Here's a better shot of it:
Note how the dirt / soil area is right next to the foundation. I'll put some kind of pipe or border around the pipe from the meter. Not sure how I'll do that yet.

Here's a shot of the other areas where there were bushes. I'll fill them with concrete.
Neverending things to do around here....

Later!

Comments

Popular Posts