Back Home...

We're taking today off to just relax, and will resume working on the kitchen tomorrow. I woke up with a bit of a headache this morning, but it's pretty much gone now. I think it's just stress - there's so much I need to do around here, and it keeps being delayed with all the rain we've had lately. Hopefully, we're done with the rain for a while.

I need to get caught up on some things (on line stuff) in a bit. I've spent most of today watching the live-stream of the Dragon spacecraft and Bob and Doug return from the space station. It's good to see the USA returning to manned flight from American soil.

I can still remember the very first sub-orbital flight with Alan Shepard's flight on Freedom 7, the Mercury capsule on top of a Redstone rocket - which was actually a military ballistic missile. The inside of the Mercury capsule looked like you barely had room to sneeze. The Dragon interior on the other hand looks like something out of Star Trek. Three large flat panel displays. That's it. And the ship basically flies itself. Roomy and a very clean and uncluttered interior. Amazing.

As for me, I need to get caught up on some things as I said, so signing off for now.

Comments

Popular Posts