OK - On To Other Stuff...

 OK... On a more positive note....

 I have noticed that when I post blogs like the last couple where I talk about crap that pisses me off, it gets very little reaction - I'm not sure that many people actually read this thing at all, to be honest. I know a few of you do, and I thank you.

I usually post a link on my Facebook page when I post a new blog entry. The last couple have no reactions at all. OK - I get the message. There's enough bad stuff already. So I'll just post positive stuff from now on.

My little hiatus is past, and I'm moving forward. Speaking of my "hiatus.."

 I think what I need now is a hiatus from my hiatus... 😆 Not terribly restful, but I did get a number of things accomplished. I got my store on Pixels re-opened. I did a lot of re-organizing of the massive amount of files, images, reference material, tutorials, photos, writings, Word files, PDFs, etc, etc buried in multiple hard drives. And of course, dealt with a fair share of the continuing weirdness that is my life.

Such as:

Last week (just before I was going to come back), DAZ Studio took a giant poop on top of my head. I tried to open it up on the machine I recently upgraded with a 2TB M2 SSD specifically for DAZ. It kept throwing a "postgreSQL connection cannot be established" error at me. Which of course means I couldn't do much more than a few very basic things with it. I fought it for most of an afternoon without success. I tried updating the DIM, but every time I did it told me I needed to install it.. And it didn't fix the problem.

Finally after hours of messing around with it, decided to just uninstall it and start from scratch. Windoze did the uninstall, but oddly the DS and DIM icons were still on the desktop. What the?? I right-clicked the icon and looked at the path - it was referencing one of the other drives in the computer. Yep, sure enough, there was the older DS where I didn't remember it being, nor where I wanted it. And there were at least 6 or 7 instances of the DIM. I finally said "screw it" after my buddy Jay (WP Guru) said the universe was trying to tell me something... 😆

I ended up manually going through the entire system and getting rid of anything DAZ (all my content i.e. "my DAZ3D Library" is safely backed up on another drive). Now, all I need to do is download and install a fresh version of DS. Maybe next week.

Then - as if that wasn't enough - I decided to go ahead and do the update to the latest and greatest version of Photoshop CC. My CC app has been bugging me for weeks to update. I've been using CC 2019 on my main machine (I use it to assemble the TNA pages among lots of other things), and 2020 on the laptop.

After updating, I discovered that.... SURPRISE!! Now my pen sensitivity on my Cintique no longer works! Not only that, but the latest versions of Photoshop has the open GL functionality disabled! Which means no 3D functions work, rotating the image doesn't work, and several other features no longer work. What's up with that, Adobe?? Why in the seven hells would you do that??

Anyway, I spent most of the day yesterday on-line with Adobe's tech support people trying to get things worked out. It took hours and by yesterday evening I was ready to go out and kill something, but between some guy named Shmieer or something like that - using remote assistance - and me we managed to get the pen sensitivity working. As a bonus, he showed me how to go back and re-download and install CC 2019, and keep both it and the new version. So - despite my head exploding at least 16 times - I now have the best of both worlds!

So, it was a most interesting hiatus! Now, it's back to doing some art, and once it stops raining for a couple days, getting moving on some of this house work that needs done. Autumn is creeping up quickly, and there's only a couple months of decent weather remaining. I need to get busy again!

Comments

Popular Posts