My Hiatus is Almost Over


I'm going to be back on all my on-line stuff in the next few days. I'd intended for it to only be a couple weeks (and it's just a little past that now), but I'll be out for a few more days. There's just soooo much I need to do!

I did get my website, and the TNA website both updated, and I've finally managed to figure out Fine Art America / Pixels website and how to list images. I've re-organized my shop there into 3 collections: Rod's Art, Photography, and The Girls From TNA. I've uploaded a lot of new stuff, and will continue to do so. Hopefully, I can sell a few things here and there. I'll never get rich from it (I don't think it will buy us a new house), but anything helps.

Speaking of houses....

Getting out of this crappy neighborhood can't come soon enough. Friday was...... well, not pleasant. My JACKASS neighbor 3 houses away had his earth-shaking, base-heavy RAP crap blaring for HOURS Friday afternoon. The jerk (and yes, he is black) will park his SUV in the front yard, and crank up the volume. WAY up. He went to the Quick Trip a couple blocks away, and had the crap up so loud I could hear the boom, boom, boom while he was gassing up, or whatever he was doing there. Then back he came, and the volume stayed the same for a good couple of hours.

I can't imagine living next door to this pathetic waste of DNA, but there are people living on both sides of him. Apparently that obnoxious racket doesn't bother them. But it sure bothers me. It gives me a throbbing headache.

I finally ended up calling the Police Information line (didn't want to use the 911 number for non-emergency stuff), and spoke with a very nice lady there. I explained the problem, and that it has been an ongoing issue for several years since this family moved in.

In a nutshell I was told that they could call the person and ASK him to turn it down. but couldn't do much else unless I signed a complaint. Which of course would expose us to the possibility of this bozo having one of his gang-banger buddies drive by and put bullet-holes in my house - and possibly us. She said after the "noise ordinance" goes into effect at 10:00 PM they could enforce it, but during the day, not much could be done.

By the time we'd finished our conversation, Buttmunch had shut his noise down for a short break. The lady told me "If he starts it up again, call back, and we'll call and ask him to turn it down." About 10 minutes later he cranked it up again. I called back, got a different person, told her what was going on, and was promptly sent to a dispatcher. I told the dispatcher what was going on, and - after taking my name and phone # - was told "An Officer will contact you." That was Friday. Today is Sunday - a week later. I'm still waiting to be "contacted."

The images below are taken from the official Independence, Missouri City Codes. "No person shall make, continue to make, or cause to be made, any sound disturbance on private property, which by being unusually or excessively loud, or unnecessary, annoys or disturbs a reasonable person of normal sensitivities." That seems pretty damn clear to me. It says NOTHING about "after 10:00PM."

 

At any rate (and this epistle has dragged on too long), I've pretty much decided that when we do look for a new place to live, Independence will very likely NOT be considered in our search. I'm not sure about the city codes of other surrounding communities, but I will be doing some research in that matter.

Anyway, I do plan on being back in full in the next few days. I am currently working on the next TNA page, and hope to have it posted at Renderosity, and the TNA website in the next few days.

Stay safe, stay sane, and keep creating!

Comments

Popular Posts