The Fun Never Stops...

Remember how proud I was a few months ago (when I was in the middle of renovating the basement computer room after the flood in August), of how good I made my little restroom look? I covered up the big hole in the wall left by the previous homeowner, and put up a sheet of half-inch foam insulation to keep out the cold air in the wintertime..

Today it looks like this...

I now know why they left the big opening in the wall.... To keep the water pipes inside from freezing.

sigh.....

I had to open a couple holes, and use a hair dryer to thaw the pipes so the toilet would refill after flushing. And also to prevent the pipes from rupturing, then having to clean up after another flood.

Soooo.....

I'll probably pull out the insulation, sheetrock, then just cover it with a sheet of pegboard, and paint it white. That way the inside air can get to the pipes to keep them from freezing. Perhaps if I put a layer of foam on the concrete wall behind the pipes it will help stop or slow down the cold radiation from the concrete. Plus, the pegboard will give me a place to hang stuff - not that I have that much to hang in there...

That's going to wait until spring, though...

Comments

  1. sounds like the fun never ends - have a great day and I wish you and Jo a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, good sir! And may 2018 bring you all good things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts