A Few Random Thoughts...

 .. That maybe 1 or 2 people will read...

I am considering some other options to either replace or use alongside this blog. This blog app is included along with my website account with GoDaddy. It works well, and is very easy to use. But it doesn't seem to have any way to track views, or any way to see if anyone is actually looking at it. If it has those tools, I've never seen them, and have no idea where to find them.

I'm giving some thought to using an outside app like WordPress - depending on what kind of programs or packages they have. I know they have a free program, but if it's like most "free" apps out there, it probably has just enough 'basic' features to make you barely able to post anything. Any useful features beyond that require a subscription with it's usual monthly fee. I don't really need another paid "service" that just takes my money and gives me no returns on my efforts.

Of course I need to look into it a bit further before I make any decisions.. I'll have to check in with my bud, WPGuru about WordPress (now you know what the WP means!).

I think a big part of the problem I'm having with very few Patreon / Ko-Fi supporters is the simple fact that no one really knows it's there. I can't promote it on Renderosity as it's against their TOS. I do have a small text (not active) link in my watermark for the art I post there, but I think they kind of look the other way with that. 

So basically, I'm looking at ways to let more people know it's there and they can support me if they wish (and I hope they do). Marketing folks call the "Promoting your brand." So I need to find ways to do just that. I'm sure gonna give it a go! Stay tuned..

Looks like things in D.C. are finally moving forward. It's about time...

Comments

Popular Posts