Riddle Me This....

OK, check out this news story...

https://fox4kc.com/2019/12/09/neighbors-frustrated-by-squatters-in-east-side-vacant-house/

So, back when I lived in the Kansas City city limits, (in this wonderful "historic" Northeast ghetto... uh, I mean neighborhood...) the Neighborhood Preservation Division (they apparently are called Neighborhood and Housing Services Division, now..) were jhonny-on-the-spot when it came to harassing me about repairs that were needed on my front porch.

In the end it cost me close to $2000.00 to completely replace the front porch with ALL the work being done by Jo and myself. Plus a $50.00 fine by the city.



And yet, here's a situation where they pretty much do nothing to stop vagrants, squatters, and whatever from ILLEGALLY breaking into these abandoned buildings, threatening to set someone's house on fire (a prosecutable crime in itself), creating a health hazard, not to mention an eyesore. They basically just shrug, and say "We'll board it up again..." Yeah, that should help... Good work, Kansas City.

Which is why I will NEVER buy property in the KCMO  city limits. I did once. Never again.

Comments

Popular Posts