A Shameless Plug - and Those #@%^^$#$%^ Updates...



Just a shameless plug for my My Redbubble Store 

So go buy some stuff, willya? 😁

In other news...... Well, last night was another one of those 'helpful' (gag.....choke...) updates Microsoft likes to shove down our throats every couple weeks or so... I shut the computers down, and let them do their magic like I always do.

Fired the 'puters up this morning with the fresh updates all ready to do whatever it is they do. The Win 10 machines booted up normally with no glitches. The Win 7 machines took for-ev-er to boot up, and 2 of them worked fine. Buuuut....

The Titan machine - which is my main Poser machine, and the primary one I use to create my T.N.A. story had a candy-coated hissyfit. First only one of the monitors had video. I fiddled with settings for a few minutes, and - finding nothing helpful - rebooted it.

It booted up with both screens black! Nothing showed up but the mouse pointer. Crap!! Did a ctrl-alt-delete, and got the task manager screen. Clicked the shutdown button and rebooted. Same thing - 2 black monitors with only a mouse pointer. Ctrl-alt-delete did nothing. Crap! Crap!!

Did a hard shutdown with the power button. Powered on, got the "Windows Did Not Shut Down Properly" Screen. Ya think??? Chose the "Start in Safe Mode" option. Booted into safe mode, but of course there was nothing in the settings that seemed appropriate. And no.... I didn't try to contact Microsoft's so-called "Support." I've been down that road before, and I don't have the patience to "chat" with some Bozo in India that barely has a grasp on English.

Clicked the 'shut down' button and hoped for the best. Re-booted again... YES! Normal boot-up, and both monitors have video.

After an hour of frustration, it's working again.

Thanks so much, Microsoft, for a fun and stress-free morning! Just one question....

Do you guys even test these #^&^**&^*(%^%#%%&%*&($$#@$##&* UPDATES before you shove them down our throats???? After this morning's wonderful episode I can think of someplace else I'd like to see you shove them.... πŸ€”πŸ˜£

Whew. Venting session complete. We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming...

Comments

Popular Posts