More Frustration..

Once again this morning, I had to battle the Titan computer for 45 minutes to get both monitors up... WTF???? I never had a problem until the last MS update. Now I'm hesitant to shut this machine down at the end of the day. I'll probably just leave it on until I find some kind of solution.

It might be the fact I have to use a USB / DVI adapter for the second monitor. This machine has a GTX 1080 GPU in it, which should be more than capable of handling 2 monitors. The problem is the GPU card has only one DVI connector, and the primary monitor is plugged into that. The other three are Display Port, and the second monitor has a DVI connector so I'm using a DisplayLink USB/DVI adapter. I'm going to have a look around Microcenter and see if they have a Display Port / DVI adapter. Maybe THAT will fix this annoyance.

I looked at the pending "optional" updates, and I see a DisplayLink update available, so maybe that will fix the issue. I don't know why it didn't install before, but sometimes after an update, there's a host of other updates to fix the bugs from the previous update. It might be nice if they'd get it right to begin with.. But that's asking too much, apparently.

I know I'm getting tired of this battle every morning... I have other things I'd like to do besides fight this nonsense...

Comments

Popular Posts