Redbubble Store Closing

After a couple years of having a store on Redbubble. I've made the decision to shut it down. There are a couple reasons for this..
1. In the approximately two years it's been open, I have made exactly ONE sale (I'm not counting the things my wife has ordered from  my store).
2. Jolene ordered some T-Shirts from my collection as gifts for a couple friends. She placed the order on 12-12-2019. The total was around $90.00 with shipping. Today is 12-26-19, and as yet we have not received them.
I have been going round and round with Redbubble for the last several days, and getting nowhere. All the "contact" links on their website lead to 'automated' FAQ pages which don't come anywhere close to being any kind of helpful. I finally manged to find RBs Facebook page, and left comments there. I also contacted them through their 'message' portal.
I did get some responses there, telling me how 'very sorry' they are. I have to agree - they are indeed very sorry... All they can do is tell me the order shipped on the 18th, and give me a tracking number.
When entered into the UPS tracking, UPS tells me it's a USPS (post office) number. When I try to track it via USPS, I get a message that they haven't received the package and have no information.
I relayed that information to RB. They said they would "make it right" by refunding my shipping charge - but it hasn't shown up in my CC account as yet.
I left another message with RB at around 2:00 PM, but as of 3:40 PM have had no response.
Anyway, between the lack of sales and RB's pathetic excuse for customer service, I will very likely shut it down in a few days.
I also have a store on Pixels (Fine Art America). It's a free account which limits you to 25 images. I can get a "premium" account for 30 bucks a year which allows unlimited images, and I may well go ahead and give it a try. If I can sell enough to make up the 30 dollar annual fee - plus a little extra, I'll extend it again. 
Otherwise, I'll close it at the end of 2020, and just forget about trying to make a buck with my art. I thought maybe there would be enough interest to make it worthwhile, but maybe not.
I'm also not sure how much longer I'll keep Patreon up.. I guess I just haven't figured out what would encourage more participation, yet. I'll keep it going for a while, and try a few more ideas.
Sorry for the tone of this post - just feeling a little discouraged at the moment...
Hope everyone had a great Christmas, and best wishes for a great 2020!


Comments

Popular Posts