I Need To Take A Break..

Well, that's what Jolene just told me. And she's probably right. She's probably tired of hearing me say:

"$^%*^&% freakin' $^%**^$% stupid #%$%^$%&*&* COMPUTERS!!!"

Right now I am sooooooooooo burned out with fighting technology!

Last night I started the transfer of all my Poser runtimes and scenes from the intermittent J drive to the new Seagate hybrid drive. The failing drive was - once again - hair-pullingly s....l....o....w. It would take anywhere from 5 - 20 minutes to transfer ONE file! I just left it overnight, and surprisingly, it (once again) woke up sometime during the night, and all the files transferred.

I pulled the old drive out, put the new drive in, changed its drive letter back to 'J' so I didn't have to reconfigure Poser's Library Pref file. Everything seems to be working smoothly now (I am being guardedly optimistic here..).

I also made some modifications to All-Way Sync so everything can be synchronized quickly and easily. Then it was a matter of getting all the computers to talk with each other (without plotting against me).

I have to say I think All-Way Sync is one of the best software investments I've ever made. If I remember correctly it was only 30 or 40 bucks, and you can install it on as many computers as you want. It makes backing up and synchronizing entire drives full of stuff a breeze!

I think I'm finally done. It seems like the last couple of months, I've spent more time managing and administrating these infernal machines than I have doing anything fun and creative with them:

 What I spend most of my time doing

What I WISH I was spending my time doing

Yeah, hanging out on the rooftop looking at the stars with Julie, Kinnie, and Marissa would be such a treat right now. Sigh. If only they were real - and it was actually warm enough to sit out at night. Topless or otherwise! 😀

I haven't installed the new Comcast modem yet - that will happen in the next few days if I can catch a break and relax a little before tackling another delightful encounter with technology.

I sent the information the Velocity engineer requested yesterday - no response as yet. It may take a while to analyze the data. We'll see what happens.

Rod out..


Comments

Popular Posts