I REALLY Need to Take a Break...

Have you ever got to a point where you're just so tired of messing with a particular thing that you just want to pick it up and throw it as far as you possibly can?

You know, all of the technology pundits out there keep telling us how marvelous all of this technology is, how it improves our lives, how it gives us more time for the fun things, and how it can be used for all those fun things… Some days I think they are as full of S##T as a Christmas turkey.

It seems like for the last two or three months, I have spent more time configuring, managing, troubleshooting, debugging, and generally messing around trying to get all of this technology to work properly than I have actually enjoying it. Don't get me wrong, I've still enjoyed creating some artwork with Poser, DAZ Studio, and Photoshop, but it just seems like there's been so many stupid little issues one after the other. It's probably just me…

The Origin laptop got home Saturday, and at first everything looked fine – and it is better than it was. But still, it has thrown up the blue screen at boot up twice since it's been home. I've contacted Origin, and they said during testing they had nothing plugged into the USB ports, and asked if I had any USB devices plugged in. I do have a Logitech USB wireless mouse, so I'll just leave it unplugged when I boot up, and only plug it in after it successfully booted. I'll try that for a few days and see how it goes.

I'll say one thing for Origin… At least they get back with me, unlike Velocity. My last contact with Velocity was last Tuesday, when I sent their engineer the files he had requested. It is now Monday, and I have yet to receive a response from them. This is typical. Right now, I'm mulling over the idea of creating a video about this whole sorry episode and posting it on YouTube for the world to see. And I may just tell the folks at Velocity that I am going to do this. Maybe that'll get them off their asses, but I doubt it.




On to other things.... I've been putting off, and putting off installing the new, upgraded modem from Comcast, but I finally got around to doing it today. I've been dreading it for over a week knowing I would probably have to go back in and reconfigure everything again and spend the whole day fighting with technology. It wasn't quite that bad, and everything is up and running now – and the Internet does seem quite a bit faster. But still, it took pretty much all afternoon to get everything all configured and running right, and my wireless Epson scanner still doesn't want to connect. I spent a good 2 1/2 hours fighting with it until I finally gave up and said screw it, I'll just plug it into the only remaining USB port I have left on that computer.

By the time I got through with configuring everything and tracking down all the inevitable bugs, I was ready to start stepping on kittens.

Anyway, the upshot of all of this is I think I'm gonna take a hiatus for a few days and just watch some movies on my Blu-ray player. Oh, that's something else… My little Sony Blu-ray player is wireless, and – up until about a month ago – I could get online with it and watch videos on YouTube. Then it stopped. I thought maybe this new modem would take care of that problem, and in a way it has. It will view any other channel except YouTube. The screwy thing is… Jolene's Blu-ray player upstairs – which is the exact same model – will play YouTube just fine. I don't know…

Okay, that's it. I'm done for now. I think I'll go out and find some kittens to step on...

Just kidding! Just kidding! 😆

I don't need a bunch of animal rights activists pounding on my front door!

Over and out…

Comments

Popular Posts