Humble Bundle... And Losing My Mind..

 I picked up this fantastic bundle of graphics goodies a couple days ago...

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/create-with-visual-impact-encore-software?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_3_layout_type_threes_tile_index_1_c_createwithvisualim

 Corel Painter 2021, PaintShop Pro 2021, and tons of brushes and scripts. My bud Jay (WP_Guru) had a stream where he was showing some of the stuff these apps are capable of. And for 30 bucks, I decided to add it to my collection of graphic tools.

I've been a Photoshop user for many years, and it's my mainstay for most of my work - alongside Poser and DAZ (if I ever get it working again..). These new apps will (hopefully) add lots of neat new capabilities.

I'm wanting to install these on my Origin laptop, but I'm finding it a bit of a challenge to get it to do what I want it to do as far as installing. This laptop has a rather tiny C: drive - only 177GB - and most of that is taken up by Windows. I also have Poser 11 on it, and will likely be adding Poser 12 very soon (won it in an art contest on Rendo a while back).

I've started with PaintShop Pro 2021, and it's been a bit frustrating. I tried installing it on the 2TB E: drive. The installer allowed me to change the default install location (on the C: drive), and it worked fine. But when I tried installing a couple of the extra scripts, they ended up not giving me a choice, and installed on the C: drive. I couldn't find those scripts at all in PSP, no matter what I tried.

I ended up uninstalling PSP, then reinstalling it, and letting it install on the C: drive. I then installed the scripts again. But... I STILL cannot find them in PSP.

Sigh.. 😒

I was hoping for some neat new graphics apps to create with, but thus far, I've not had much besides frustration. I haven't even tried installing Painter yet. I do have a ticket opened with Corel, but so far no response.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Or eyes, actually.

Comments

Popular Posts