A Day of Frustration. Thank You, Tee-Spring....

 

I just spent about 5 hours setting up a new collection of  “Girls From T.N.A.”products. When I submitted it, it looked like it was setting everything up, and it said it was successful. It listed a URL in my browser for the collection. Now I get this:

"Hello,

Your listing "Girls From T.N.A. Camero" at http://teespring.com/girls-from-t-n-a-camero, has been ended early due to content concerns.

We understand that this may have happened inadvertently, so we have included our policies for your review to clarify what we allow on our platform - https://www.spri.ng/policies/spring-terms-of-service.

If you believe that the removal of the content is the result of a mistake (for example, that you have authorization to use the content) or misidentification of the content, you can send us a counter notice by filling out a Counter-Notification Form.

If you have a written license from a third party rights holder, please provide proof of use at policy@spri.ng as soon as possible. If proof is provided we may be able to reinstate your listing. If you are not able to show proof of use, reinstatement may not be guaranteed.

Repeat violation of our policies will result in account termination, so please be sure to check any remaining listings for possible policy violations.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding,
The Spring Team ."

I filled out their confusing “Counter Notification Form” and also sent them the following. 

Yes, I was rather annoyed. 

And becoming more so every few minutes.

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ALL ABOUT???????????????????? I Filled out your "Counter Notification Form" which is just as confusing and annoying as the rest of your site. I OWN ALL PROPERTY RIGHTS TO THE IMAGES AND HAVE FOR OVER 10 YEARS!!!!!!!!

I am VERY CLOSE to just pulling ALL my contents and going to other sites WHERE I'VE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN!”

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ON THIS??????

About 15 minutes later I got this response to their “Counter Notification Form:”

“Hi there,
Thank you for contacting Spring. The listing was removed for the keyword 'THE BAD GUYS', which is trademarked and not allowed on the Spring platform. However, the content does not appear to be violating the trademark so the listing in question has been reinstated. We recommend you do not use the keyword in the future, as it will continue to flag and remove your listings.  Please be advised that the listing will appear in your dashboard in an ended state.

Thank you,
Team Spring”

Seriously?? The term “the bad guys” is trademarked? OK…. I’m certainly no legal expert, but how the hell do all those movies, TV shows, on-line shows, books, cartoons, news reports, etc, etc, get away with describing the bad guys…ahhh…..oops…. I mean the “not-so-good-dudes” as “bad guys” without getting sued? And how can I make that work for me? Can I trademark – what’s a good one? – How about “What the f**k” – that gets used a lot. I could be a billionaire by next week. I could buy a new house, take a ride on a rocket, or maybe even sell a t-shirt or two.

So, now I have to go to my “dashboard,” I guess to make the listing active again.. It took 30 minutes of clicking around, sending emails (that I still have no response to) to finally stumble onto the right place to “relaunch” my listing.

So…. I have spent most of today farking around with this project on this stupid site to list 19 products (17 clothing items, a throw pillow, and a coffee mug), and I probably won’t sell one of them.

Is it worth my time? You tell me….

It sure isn’t worth the aggravation and annoyance. At least not from this POD (print on demand) site.

I will most likely leave TeeSpring (or Spring, or whatever they’re calling themselves now..).

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts