Tried to Open a Store on Teesprings.com Buuuuuut....


In my ongoing campaign to enhance my income to something besides Social Security, I opened an account at www.teespring.com - and spent most of this afternoon fighting with their indescribably confusing website. After an abortive attempt to apply an image to a coffee mug (one that works perfectly at Pixels and Redbubble), I attempted to get some help via their “live” chat feature.

This was the result – if you can call it that…. Narration in red italic, my questions / responses in bold...

Active
Support Services
US
Happy to help with anything I can!

Megan
Active

Hi 😀  How can we help? Chat with one of our agents.

At this point, I asked if they had templates for their products, such as coffee mugs.

Do you have templates for the products I can use?

Chat with a Real Human typically replies in a few minutes.
Give them a way to reach you:

You'll be notified here and by email

It took 10 minutes to get the following answer:

Clip art is not offered in our new launcher as most creators use an art program to create the designs they upload to our site to launch their products for sale. However, you can use "Classic" www.teespring.com/design-launcher there to use our clip art 
www.canva.com or www.pixlr.com are online programs offered for free if you don't have access to Photoshop or something similar. 

Sorry for any trouble again and hope this info helps! Let us know if any further questions come up! 

Clip art??? Nowhere in my question did I say ANYTHING about ‘clip art.’ Did she even READ what I wrote? I replied:

I wasn't asking about clip art. I was asking if you have templates so I can size my artwork for specific products like coffee mugs for instance. So far, this site is VERY confusing.

It took 15 minutes (live chat, remember) to get the following response:

I'm sorry for my confusion - no, the tips we offer are on the links above. 
Sorry for any trouble with that! 

Here is where you can find our leggings info and template:

We recommend uploading designs that are 1350 x 5700 pixels for an “all over” print.

We recommend uploading design files that are 1251 x 2124 pixels for great quality designs. 
6:36 pm

Aside from that info.. I hope those can help! 

Never asked about leggings. None of the links worked. I either got a blank page or an error about “not redirecting properly” I know, I know….. It’s my browser – the one that works flawlessly everywhere else. My next response:

I just tried to apply an image - created with Photoshop - to a coffee mug. I cannot figure out how to place it properly. Part of it is cut off on one side, and there's a large blank white area on the other. VERY confusing. I'll try those links, but the first ones you sent me just opened a blank white page. Thanks.

 That may be due to the internet browser you are using.  For some reason, our designer is not very compatible with Internet Explorer , Edge  or even Safari or Firefox

We do recommend clearing your cache and cookies and switching over to Google Chrome. We also recommend not using a mobile device such as a phone or tablet as our website is not yet very compatible with mobile devices.   You should not experience any further issues if you switch and clear that out.  I am very sorry for this inconvenience.

Well, gee…… Maybe your web developer should reconsider the site functionality since it’s “not very compatible” with 95% of the web browsers out there. Maybe consider making sure it works with ALL browsers, perhaps? Even (gasp) mobile devices? Again I respond:

OK, but that doesn't help with getting my images placed properly. Did you see what I wrote about applying an image to a coffee mug?

It's not attaching properly because of the browser youre using.
if you switch to chrome you shouldnt' experience any issues. 

As long as your design is within our recommendations on the links above. 

Ah, of course! It’s the browser…. Stupid me… At this point I said F### it. I don’t have time for this… I sent a message to delete my account since I couldn’t find anywhere to delete it myself…

OK, thanks.

This was a wasted afternoon…. 🤔

I guess I’ll just stick with Redbubble and Pixels for now…

Rodster out.....



Comments

Popular Posts