Latest Stuff..

Okay, this will be a fairly short entry, with just a few of the latest updates. 😉

First, the ailing laptops will be going out Monday to Velocity and Origin for repairs. I'm not sure how much it's going to cost me to get the Origin fixed, but I know I'm in it for at least 318 for the Velocity. I'm pretty sure that they will both be wiped clean and Windows reinstalled fresh, and that's fine. I may keep the Velocity upstairs, since it will have (hopefully) a working DVD drive in it, and just use it for light duty and watching movies and stuff. I won't be putting Photoshop or Poser back on it.

On the Origin, I'm not quite sure what I'll put back on it. I might put Poser Pro 11 on it just to see how it works. I've had Poser 11 since it came out, but I really haven't used it much as it wouldn't work at all on the old HP, and I don't want to take a chance on messing up my Poser installations on the other computers.

I was using the Origin for DAZ Studio, but I now have DAZ installed on this machine, and thus far I have been extremely pleased with the way it runs. This computer has a GTX 1070 card in it, and earlier today it crunched through a large render (about 3000 x 4000 pixels), in about 15 minutes. Granted, there was only one figure in the image, with no environmental props, but still... on the Origin laptop it would have taken at least an hour.

I'm kind of mulling over in (what's left of) my mind the prospect of getting a dedicated computer for DAZ Studio, but we'll see how that goes. It'll depend on expenses with these laptops, and any other things that might crop up. We shall see…

At least my DJI Mavic Pro and Inspire 1 are both up and working properly again. 😁

I've done a little bit of redecorating on this blog, and you'll notice my calendar girls over on the sidebar to the right. I'll be adding more soon. This will be kind of a fun little preview, and the calendar girls will be posted here in this smaller format even before they are posted at Renderosity or Deviant Art.

Well I said this was going to be short, so I'll stop rambling for now. 😎

Later!

Comments

Popular Posts