Update on the Computers..

I just installed a couple Western Digital 1TB drives in the titan computer, and copied everything from the external drives to them. Now all my master runtimes for Poser, as well as all my downloaded assets are stored on the internal drives so I don't have to repeatedly unplug the externals when I shut it down, then plug them back in after the machine boots up. I'll just use the externals as backups and plug them in once a week or so to back everything up. So far, everything is working smoothly - on this machine, at least...

I'm still waiting for a resolution from Velocity. The last I heard from them was on the 7th when I asked for an update. The guy I'm working with got back to me shortly after I sent the message, and said he'd follow up with a price. I've heard nothing since. I emailed the president of the company with my concerns, so we'll see if that does any good.

I emailed another message to Origin Computers regarding my 2300 dollar, less than 2-year-old piece of crap 'custom' laptop. Here's their response:

"Hello Rod Shelley,
Please call into the support line so a technician can assist you with this issue."



Thanks so much, buttmuncher!

I got more useful information from another DAZ user on one of the DAZ Facebook forums. It's kind of a sad statement when you get more useful help from a Facebook forum than you do from the high-end, custom computer vendors. They endlessly hype about thier fantastic, custom-built, heavily tested, absolutely awesome systems, and their "world-class, award-winning" tech support. But then they fall flat on their asses when their overpriced systems shit themselves.

Yeah, I'm through with these overpriced 'boutique' computer companies. Next time I need a system, I'll either build it myself, or run out to Overland Park and get one from Microcenter. At least there I can get a 2-year replacement plan for a few extra bucks.

Comments

Popular Posts