Update: 03-04-22

 I'm taking a break for a few days from all the crap going on with Russia / Ukraine / COVID / Trump / and all the other bullshit making me wonder if we'll all still be here next week.

I sure hope so. I don't want where we're living now to be our last place.

It seems like spring is giving us a little taste of warmer weather, and it's making me want to get out and start doing some scraping and preparation for doing some painting on this place. I'm going to try and do it myself. We've already dumped a small fortune into this place.

In the last three years, we have had these major things done:

Main sewer replaced = $10,000

New roof = $9,700

New guttering = $3,500

New range = $1,300

New bathroom fixture = $1,100

And more coming. The savings accounts are screaming, and filing complaints with Amnesty International. 

Yes, I know all these "improvements" will help add value to the house. And of course the housing market has gone insane lately. Great for sellers, no so much for buyers. Plus, how do I manage the timing? We could probably sell this place next week, but what do we do while in between this place and - hopefully - another place? I'm not into living under bridges..

And then there's this.. Right next door.. (click for larger image)

I've offered to help clean up this mess. I even bought a couple lawn chairs from her that she bought (we took her to pick them up with our minivan), then just left out in her junkyard for several months - never used them. She just doesn't seem interested in cleaning things up.

This is definitely NOT going to help my property value when we do want to sell.

Not knowing what else to do, I got on Independence's website, and found a place to report it. I got the following reply: "The property inspection that resulted from your request found violations and a new code enforcement case has been started. Please contact the Neighborhood Services Division at xxx-xxx-xxxx option 5 for questions. found no evidence of feral cats"

A couple days later, I got a notice stating that "The status of your request has been updated to: CLOSED."

Good job, Independence. I can't imagine why we've made the decision that when / if we are able to move to a new place, it will NOT be in Independence.

I'll sign off with that, and see if I can work up enough enthusiasm to work on the next page in my TNA story. 

Stay safe, stay sane, pray for peace, and all that other stuff..

Back again soon. I hope.



Comments

Popular Posts