Update 04-03-2021

 

As always, these days, there’s a lot of stuff going on here at Rod’s (and Jo’s) Lair! In addition to speeding up production on the T.N.A. story, I’m making progress on several other projects. The first of the new computer desks is nearing completion. It’s now down to final sanding, then staining, and finally several coats of polyurethane for a nice, glossy finish. Here’s a look at it in the shop. It’s designed to disassemble easily into 4 pieces so it’s easy to move when we find a new and better place to live.

I’m slowly taking apart the old wrap-around desk system. It was designed specifically for this room. The new desks will be much more compact, portable, and space efficient. The plan is when we get out of here, I’ll set up my studio in a spare bedroom (we’re hoping to find a nice 3-bedroom place), and the desks will need to be more compact. I’m tired of freezing down in this basement all winter, every winter.

This is in the north-west corner of the room. We’ve detached the 4 X 4 foot corner piece, and disassembled it.


Here’s the NW corner as it looks now. Quite a different look after the last several years.

This coming week – weather permitting – I’m planning on taking out the old telephone pole that has been a fun “decoration” in the back yard for the past 15 years. I’ve removed all but the top crossarm insulators (which can be seen in my last “Behind The Scenes” video on my YouTube channel), and will probably just let them fall with the pole. I’ve brought down poles in the wild back during my insulator-hunting days, and never broke even one.

Anyway, I’ll be covering the festivities with 2 cameras plus an aerial view from the Mavic drone. I’ll post it on my YT channel as part of April’s BTS.

That’s pretty much it for now, but stay tuned (anyone who actually reads this) for the next update. Happy Easter, everyone!

Rod out…

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:34 PM

    I've been wanting to build my own desk, or at least a new hutch. The original hutch is drooping in the middle. center top,. I just don't have the tools. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ed!

      I've got 2 of the 4 I want to build so far. I've been slowly building up my tool set over the years, and have finally got to a point where I can actually do something useful (with my limited woodworking skills! LOL)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts