It Sure Looks Different (04-12-21)

 The back yard, that is.... 

The old telephone pole is now gone - or at least 95% of it is. I still have a little bit to do, but most of the job is done. I'll be putting together a new "Behind The Scenes" together in the next week or so, and it will feature some video and time-lapse of it coming down.

There's still part of it in the ground where the flowers are, but I'll be taking care of that part soon. I got the cross-arms off, and cut the pole into smaller sections.


 I'll be cutting up the cross-arms as well - these things are about 10 feet long. I had originally thought about making a wall decoration with one of them, that would feature lighted insulators. It would look neat, but the arms are big and quite heavy, so I'll just use a 2 X 4, or maybe a 4 X 4 about 6 feet instead. And that will be for wherever we wind up. The main focus is getting out of here, and finding a nice, quiet, rap-crap free place to spend the rest of our lives.

 Yep. The back yard sure looks different now! That pole has been here for 15 years. It's been fun, and I've enjoyed looking out the window in the winter and seeing the insulators all covered with snow, or sparkling in the afternoon sun. But it's time to move on. A prospective buyer is probably not going to want an old telephone pole in the backyard. 

And I do have my memories, and of course plenty of photos...



Rod Out!

Comments

Popular Posts