A Little More Progress..

 It was a busy afternoon... After yet another trip to Lowes, I managed to get a new panel installed on the patio area out back.

I was hoping I could get away with just a 4 X 4 foot sheet of plywood, but no. It was 4 feet high by 4 and a half wide. Oh well.... I forgot what a pain it was to wrestle a 4 X 8 foot sheet of the stuff into the van, then down the stairs outside to get it where I needed it.

I've made a major discovery: This stuff does not get easier as you get older. Who knew...

Anyway, I got the panel measured, custom trimmed, and installed. I also caulked around the edges to help keep the moisture away from the studs behind the panel. I also caulked the area where it meets the concrete wall.

Next, I need to get 2 or 3 (at least) coats of paint on it before it rains again. I'll probably get the color we're going to use on the house when we repaint - which I'm planning on doing this month. Lots of work left to do before the cold, nasty weather starts. And when it does, we have plenty of inside things to take care of.

And here I thought retirement was going to be relaxing..... Silly me! 😜



Comments

Popular Posts