May 2, 2020

Again, it's been a while.... Actually, I did have a post here regarding my Facebook page being cloned, but Facebook in their infinite wisdom (and power, apparently) were able to delete the link I placed here. WTF? I am getting VERY close to deleting my Facebook account, and if they pull one more stunt like that, I'm done with FB. With this damn COVID crap, things are stressful enough - I don't need FB playing games.

I've been boxing up most of my insulator collection over the past couple of months.

At some point, we want to find a different place to live. Where we are now, we are surrounded on 3 sides by major traffic routes. Two major highways to our south, and busy thoroughfares on the west and north. All carry plenty of traffic, which has only increased in the 13 years we've lived here. Which means, of course, the noise level has continuously risen to pretty much intolerable levels.

Between loud motorcycles (of which there are a LOT in this area), idiots with loud or nonexistent mufflers (it sounds so cool, you know), and the f-ing buttmunchers driving around with 20-inch sub-woofers in their trunks so they can rattle peoples' windows from 3 blocks away with their goddamn obnoxious rap-crap. And that's in addition to the inconsiderate asswipe neighbor a few houses away who is equally fond of that pathetic genre of noise.

Anyway, to sum it up, we want very much to find a place to live where we don't have to listen to the constant background layer of BOOM.....BOOM......BOOM......BOOM... every freaking day and night. In addition, this yard - specifically the backyard - is getting to be harder and harder to deal with. I have three big trees in the yard, and two that span the border between my west neighbor's yard and mine. They have actually "absorbed" the fence separating our yards.

Here you can see me burning out the stump of what used to be a third tree along the fence. We had it taken out a few years ago. The other two are visible on either side of the stump.

Suffice it to say, every fall / spring I have a ton of leaves to clean up. In addition, every time the wind blows, we get a virtual rainstorm of sticks / branches falling into the yard. Mowing is a pain in the butt, because I have to spend an hour cleaning up all the sticks before I can even mow. I'm at a point where I hate both the yard and the neighborhood.

Jo can't do as much as she would like with her back problems. And I'm not getting any younger, either. This yard is just getting to be too much.

Anyway.... The gist of all this is that I'm going to be spending a lot of time this spring / summer getting this place fixed up, so maybe we can get a halfway decent price for it - that we can apply to a new place with a smaller yard, and away from busy roads - and idiot neighbors and their rap-crap.

I'll (try to) keep you posted (in case anyone actually reads this).




Comments

Popular Posts