May 11, 2020

It was a rather cold and gloomy day today, but I did manage to get out in the backyard and do a little work. I feel like I was out there all day, but it was probably only an hour or so... When did an hour start feeling like all day?? I dunno... Maybe 71 years has something to do with that....

Anyway, I got a bunch of leaves raked away from the east side fence, and out into the yard. When I mow, I'll just mulch all those leaves.

As time goes on, I am beginning to hate this backyard. In the 17 years we've lived here, this is the worst I've ever seen the leaves and sticks in this yard! It's always been a pain in the butt to mow. First, I have to go on "stick patrol" to gather up all the wood that's fallen out of all the trees in and around the yard. Every time it rains, or we get winds, it rains lumber out of all these trees. But this has been the worst spring ever. If we are ever able to get another place, I don't want ANY trees at all in the yard! None. Zero. I've had enough.

I've also started taking apart the 'fire pit' I built last year. Recently, we had an Independence Firefighter pass away (from what appears to be a heart attack or something) during a call for what turned out to be illegal open burning.

I don't know if this would be considered "open" burning since it's in a confined stone / cinderblock structure, but I'm not going to take any chances. Besides, I would feel horrible if a tragedy like that happened over me burning some sticks from my yard. If they had been at the fire station, that man might have been taken to the hospital more quickly. Burning some tree waste is not worth someone's life.

And of course, one of the other reasons I want to get out of here - sometime - is the continual nuisance of this F-ing, loud, thumping, obnoxious rap-crap some of my asswipe neighbors insist  on sharing with me and everyone else in a 12 block radius. I'm soooooooo sick of hearing that S##T.

Anyway, I don't know how much longer we'll be here. With me being retired and only having SS as an income, it's going to be enough of a challenge. And now, with all this damn COVID s##t, it's going to be even harder. But I'm going to forge ahead in any event. I refuse to live out whatever life I have left listening to this obnoxious noise, and fighting this yard.

Later!


Comments

Popular Posts