08-07-22

 Well, it’s time for more plumbing work. Every time Jo does laundry, this is what happens:

This is the floor of the closet on the east side of my basement studio. I’ve put those blue diaper-sheets down to absorb the water.

There’s an issue with the sewer line under the basement floor with some clogging and probably breakage. Back in 2019, we had the sewer line out back replaced – at just under $11,000.00 They also ran a camera down the inside line and gave me an estimate of $2200.00 to fix that as well. I declined that part. Now, I wish I’d given them the go-ahead, as it would now be fixed and paid off. 20-20 hindsight. I’m sure it will cost more than that now.

AB May is coming out tomorrow (Monday) to inspect the line again, to see what it’s going to entail to get it fixed.

To fix it, they will first have to jack-hammer up the concrete floor where the line runs then replace the pipe. Once done they replace the concrete to a trowel finish.

WTF have I done to piss off the universe??

We’re still doing lots of down-sizing and going through stuff that’s accumulated over the last almost 20 years.

I’ve been cutting up and burning a lot of scrap lumber from my shop as well.

I was doing some burning yesterday and walked over to the fence on the west side. Here’s a photo of my next-door neighbor on the west’s back yard. It hasn’t been mowed or taken care of in two years, and as you can see, it’s just a big weed patch now.

Not sure how this will affect my property value. The problem is she’s around the same age as me, but not in nearly as good a shape either physically or financially. We’re basically living on SS, and I imagine she is too. But she probably gets significantly less than I do. Her mom used to live there with her but died a few years ago.

Yeah, I know I could offer to weed and mow her back yard, but I have more than plenty of stuff on my own plate at the moment. And the problem is – if I did offer, it would then become my job from that point forward. I know this because about a month ago, she called and asked if she could add her one bag of trash to my container. Apparently, she can’t afford trash pickup anymore, either. Trying to be the ’good guy’ I said yes. Now every Sunday night, she visits my trash container and adds hers.

I can’t imagine why we’re so ready to get the heck out of here….

Comments

Popular Posts