I've Had It With Go Daddy...

 I just sent this to GoDaddy's "Community" since there doesn't seem to be any other way to contact them - other than their useless "chat-bot."

I will be mailing this Monday via USPS. Doubt that it will even get read, but we'll see.... As of right now, I will be researching other domain registrars / hosting providers for next year - unless GoDaddy makes some MAJOR improvements.

Frankly, I think winning the Powerball has better odds...


GoDaddy.com, LLC

14455 N. Hayden Rd.,

Suite 219,

Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

 

January 29, 2022

 

To anyone in your sorry company that gives a damn:

I have had GoDaddy as my Domain Registrar and website hosting service for many years. My next renewal is due next year, 2023. That renewal is in severe doubt as of this moment. Right now, I am extremely frustrated and disappointed with the rapidly declining level of service (not) provided by GoDaddy.

In the latter part of 2021, I received an email notice that GoDaddy was switching over to Microsoft 365 for the email service. Upon renewal, each email address would cost me $28.68 per year.

Previously, emails were included in my hosting package, and I had an unlimited number of them available. I had several addresses for different uses (such as one for Ebay, one for online purchases, one for organizations I was involved with, etc.).

When I got the message referenced above, it showed my total for all my addresses would total almost $230.00. As I am retired and my only income is Social Security – and the fact I did not need all those addresses, I set the auto-renewal for two addresses only. Mine and my wife’s. As the credit card information was showing my old VISA card, I updated the payment information.

Today, I discovered that ALL of my email addresses had expired!

Thus began an hour and a half of extreme confusion and frustration trying to get your “new” system to charge only for the TWO addresses I needed to keep. First, your “cart” showed eight (8) addresses at $229.44. NOT what I wanted! I then canceled all of them and started over.

I indicated I needed some help with your nearly useless “chat-bot.” I have a deep-seated hatred of those damned, useless “bots” to begin with, but your GoDaddy bot seems even more useless than most. After finally typing “TALK TO A HUMAN” for about the fifth time, I was finally connected to one of your “agents” I’m assuming from India. This person clearly was barely able to understand – or respond in – English. This is something that infuriates me more than I can possibly describe in polite words.

You are an AMERICAN company. I am an AMERICAN customer. I am paying you in AMERICAN dollars. When I need help, I want to “chat” with an AMERICAN who can clearly UNDERSTAND my NEEDS.

Finally – after over an hour of frustration and “chatting” with someone who could barely understand me (or type in sentences that I could make any sense out of), I was provided with a “receipt” for two email addresses. The receipt of course, did not list the email addresses in question, but thus far they appear to be working.

After this, I needed to change my main password (I try to change it every so often), which resulted in another 20 or so minutes of confusing nonsense.

Let me be clear… I am NOT a neophyte computer user. I have been creating / maintaining websites, working with complex CG / Graphics software, writing, and producing on-line stories for well over 20 years. And I find GoDaddy’s new “system” to be extremely klunky, confusing, and frustrating as hell to do any kind of useful work with.

As I stated above, my domain registration and hosting is set for renewal in 2023. It is my sincerest hope that your “system” will undergo some useful and positive changes / upgrades that result in a smoother and more intuitive end user experience before that time. Otherwise, I will be forced to explore other options. I hope this does not become necessary.

 

Sincerely,

 

Rodney M. Shelley

 

Comments

Popular Posts