The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly..

 10 - 11 - 2021

Nothing to do with Mr. Eastwood's starring role...

It's a gloomy, rainy day today - which isn't doing a lot for my mood lately. But onward..

The Good:

I just posted the latest page in my long-running "Girls From T.N.A." story over at Renderosity. It's already at the top of the "Trending Galleries."

Makes me feel like I must be doing something right! I've been creating this story / comic for close to 11 years now. It feels amazing to have it appreciated this way. Wow.

The Bad:

I was doing some work on a photo on my Cintique yesterday, when the stylus's nib suddenly collapsed into the pen body. I tried to pull the tip off gently to see what the problem was, and this was the result:

I tried for over an hour to get the thing back together, but no luck. I said "Darn it" a few times. Well... Maybe it was just a tad stronger than that, but you get the idea. I ended up contacting Wacom's support on their website. Apparently the pen is not fixable, but they have replacements for my model for purchase. I went ahead and ordered one at $70.00. My Cintique is an older model, and a new equivalent model is $2000.00. Not too difficult to decide which is the better option, since the Cintique itself still works perfectly.

And now...

The Ugly:

Which is embodied by a certain blonde-haired, egotistic, liar, extortionist, dictator wanna-be, ex President, and his band of mindless, butt-kissing, Jim Jones-esque worshippers.

Folks, the current situation in this country literally scares the shit out of me.  If we are not VERY careful we are going to wind up with our weakening Democracy being replaced by the first dictatorship in the history of the USA.

If this maniac does run for President in 2024, we are SCREWED. If he (actually) wins, we will be under a dictatorship within a few weeks. If he loses? Well, you see what's happening now. Something you'd expect to see in some two-bit banana republic, not in the United States of America. 

It literally makes me sick. I can't even look at the news anymore, because I want to say things that would earn me nocturnal visits by dudes wearing sunglasses at night in black cars.

I only hope we as a nation (and those who are elected and paid to REPRESENT US) get our collective S##T together, and put this lunatic where he belongs - behind bars - before it's too late.

I'm talking to you, REPUBLICANS. As long as we still have elections (which may not be much longer), I will NEVER EVER vote for another damned Republican.

OK... Enough on that. I'm depressed enough as it is...

'Till next time (and I promise, no politics next time..),

Rod




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts