August 18, 2021

 

It’s been a few days since my last Blog entry. Things here have been – as normal – busy. We were supposed to get the new roof installed tomorrow (Thursday), but of course, there’s a delay. The roofer called to let me know it would be Friday instead. They had some kind of delay and had to move it up one day. And of course, there are rain chances through Friday.

Lowes is supposed to be delivering the supplies for the job today, but nothing as of this writing. (Edit) After a long and frustrating experience with Lowes, fighting my way through the typically complex, confusing, and maddening automated phone crap, I finally got connected with a very blase' "customer service" rep whose only accomplishment was to communicate via his "I-couldn't-care-less" attitude to me how utterly and completely unimportant MY little issue was to him. I was trying to find out why there had been no delivery. All he could say was they had not received the "permit" and could not make any deliveries without it. When I explained that the installer had called someone at Lowes and was told it would be an "afternoon delivery" all he could do was repeat the "permit" excuse again.

I have contacted the Lowes representative that came out to give me the estimate, (and take my $9000.00) via email (he's on vacation), and attempt to find someone who gives a damn via Lowes' FB page. My next communication is likely to be the MO. Attorney General's Office.

WTF have I done to piss off the universe? If something went smoothly, I’m not sure I’d know how to act! Anyway, since the roof isn’t being replaced Thursday, I think I’m just going to take the day off. I really need a day where I don’t have to stress out about something, be on the phone all day, troubleshoot / fix stuff, or answer a bunch of questions. I sometimes wonder why the hell I retired.

We had a wonderful dinner at J. Gilberts on the 14th to celebrate Jo's birthday! Our long-time (since high-school days) pal Andy joined us - and picked up the tab! Thanks, Andy! You are Golden, Buddy!

I’ve just about got the third of the new computer desks done. I’ll be glad to get it moved, and do a bit of re-organizing things – again. I’ll have one more desk to build, but there’s no hurry on it. That computer lives on my dad’s old computer desk which is handily on casters. That machine doesn’t get used much at the moment. Once I get DAZ going on it again, it will be used much more. I just have too many things going on at the moment to mess with it.

I had intended to do a BTS (Behind The Scenes) video and upload it to YouTube each month, but of course that didn’t happen. I am planning on putting a Fall BTS together, and will post it to YT sometime in October, or possibly late September.

That’s it for today. I’ll try and post these blogs a bit more often as well.

Comments

Popular Posts