Moving Ahead....

 Now that we're having a little respite from the rain, I'm moving ahead with my number 1 priority project - getting this blasted area that fills up with water when it rains filled in with concrete.

I've removed all the pavers that were here for a while, and moved them over by the AC unit. Today, I put a form together out of some scraps from the old computer tables. I'm planning on pouring about a 3-inch thick slab. I want it to be just below the white cap on the sewer cleanout they installed when the sewer line was replaced in 2019.

I found an on-line concrete calculator, and it looks like I'm going to need about 10 - 12 more 60-pound bags for a 7 X 5 foot, 3-inch thick slab. At $3.48 per bag, that's still under 50 bucks. I don't think I could hire a contractor for 50 bucks.

I actually did try contacting a contractor here in Independence a few months ago (don't remember which one, now) that stated they did a number of jobs for the City of Independence. But after 2 or 3 inquiries, they never had the courtesy to respond to me. So I just decided to do it myself.

Hopefully I can get started on it this weekend, or Monday. I do want to get it done before we get anymore rain.

I wonder.... Where in the hell did I get the impression that retirement was going to be relaxing???

Rod out!


Comments

Popular Posts