Getting Ready...

 Today, we picked up another dozen 60-pound bags of Sacrete for the slab project. I can feel the effects of all these 72 years after hauling all those bags down to the patio.

I found a rental mixer on Home Depot's website - $47.00 per day - and went ahead and reserved one. I think my back will thank me by the time this is over. I was going to just mix it by hand in a wheelbarrow, but I think this will speed the process up a bit. I'll pick it up Monday morning, and hopefully will get the job finished by sometime Monday afternoon.. I'm taking the day off tomorrow.

I'm going to go to bed a little early tonight - watch some Star Wars or something, and hope I can get some sleep afterwards. Today is the 3rd, and the kids in the neighborhood have been setting off fireworks continuously for HOURS. I keep reading about how fireworks may be hard to find this year. Seems the kids' parents around here didn't have any issues at all. Sounds like they bought enough  ordnance to take out a small city. Can't imagine what it will be like tomorrow..

Happy 4th anyway. May we ALL remember what it represents. 


 Later...



Comments

Popular Posts