What A Day....

This has been a really F###ed up day on top of an already F###ed up year....

We woke up this morning to discover we had no power... I'm surprised all the beeping, buzzing, and fan noise from my UPSs downstairs didn't wake us, but maybe they did - and we just didn't realize it.

I've seen Independence Power & Light trucks working in the area, and what looks like new utility poles laying on the ground waiting to be installed. I thought perhaps that's what is going on, but of course with no power, I couldn't get on line to get any information.

I tried calling the Utilities office, but of course, it's freaking impossible to speak with an actual HUMAN any more. To say I HATE those #%^&$#@ automated answering systems would be a massive understatement..

I ended up driving to the Utility Center office, and waited my turn at proper social distancing requirements while wearing my mask. The lady behind the window was pleasant, but not terribly informative. She did tell me there was an outage in my area - as if I hadn't figured that out already.

Shortly after I got home, the power came back on. Thankfully, as we've been under a heat advisory for the last several days. Then we noticed the AC didn't seem to be working. The fan on the outdoor compressor was running, but there was nothing coming from the vents inside. Fortunately, I found a reset switch on the HVAC unit, and got the AC working again.

Next, the laptop that controls my front security camera was beeping loudly, and shutting itself off. WTF?? Result of the outage?? I fiddled with it for a while, let Windows do its "recovery" magic, and got it working again.

I sometimes wonder why the F### I retired... Seems like I work harder now than I did when I was working.. Sheesh...

Anyway... When my DAZ machine booted up and Windows greeted me with the usual scenic splash image, this is what I saw...

HEY! That Island looks strangely familiar.... LOL I would imagine Daisy Ridley has fond memories of those stairs....

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts