Future Plans and Stuff....


Dear Friends:

This is going to be a long one, so grab a cup of coffee or your beverage of choice, and let’s sit down and have a long talk. About the future.

I have just renewed my rodslair.com domain for another 3-year term, so I will be doing some work on the website soon. More on that later.

Right now, the top priority is getting several needed improvements / repairs to the house, both inside and outside, done. The endgame for all these improvements is, of course, the hope we can sell this place and get at least a halfway decent return on our efforts. A return we can apply to a new place to live.

Right now, the area we live in is on an ever-increasing downhill slide. I have mentioned a few times about the obnoxious neighbor a few houses east of me that enjoys sharing his base-heavy rap-crap with the entire area. Recently at least 2 other residents within a block of me have decided to join the symphony a couple times a week or more. And the influx of less than desirable residents continues. Less than three blocks from my house is a large vagrant encampment under a bridge on I-70.

Without providing my precise location to everyone on the internet, I am about a block from a major intersection with two extremely busy thoroughfares. I am surrounded on 3 sides by busy streets and one major highway. And if it isn’t some idiot blasting their rap-crap while waiting at the intersection, it’s loud motorcycles, or cars with no or defective mufflers drag racing at all hours of the night. To digest all this down to a few words…

This location sucks. LOUDLY.

Our dream is to have a place where we can both be comfortable and enjoy doing those things we do in some semblance of peace. Jo and her arthritic knees would love having the utility room (i.e. laundry) upstairs rather than in the basement. I would love having my studio upstairs rather than having my feet go numb from freezing down in the basement every winter. In addition to my digital / CG art, I am also feeling the urge to get back into doing some traditional media – primarily pencil and colored pencil, and perhaps some watercolor. Having a studio where I could do both computer art and traditional media – in comfort and peace - would be Heaven.

What I would love for the basement is for part of it to serve as my shop, and the rest to function as storage for all the stuff that usually collects in the “spare” bedroom, and other not so convenient places.

Considering the above, I will be spending more time working on these improvements. It will be to a certain degree like a (prior to my retirement) normal workday Monday – Friday. The weekends will be set aside for relaxing – at least that’s the plan for now. The “plan” has been known to change. Frequently.

During the time I’m not playing Bob Vila or sleeping, I’ll continue to work on the T.N.A. story, and other artwork. Which brings me back to the renewal of my domain…

I have Merch! I have T.N.A. Merch!




I will be putting some extra effort into adding to the Merch I already have – which no one seems to know about. This is primarily due to the way my website is set up. I will be putting a good deal more emphasis on this aspect of the site. And by that, I mean the Merch will be easier to find. It will NOT obscure or overwhelm the art or photography.

There is already some T.N.A. Merch – T-shirts, coffee mugs, pillows, and covers, and so on. I have even actually sold a couple items. (Thank you to both Steves!) I hope to improve this over the next few months.

Right now, I have a store on Pixels, which is part of Fine Art America. I used to have a Redbubble store – and am seriously considering re-opening a store there. I will also be selling some items directly through my website. Sometimes it can be a bit confusing finding particular items (say, coffee mugs) on Pixels. So, I will be providing direct links to these items (and there will be more added over time).
 
In addition to my artwork (both T.N.A. and some of my other stuff), I will have some small decorative items for sale – at least that is my plan for now. 

Anything you purchase from my on-line store (or stores), or from my website helps out more than you can imagine! Right now, my only source of income is Social Security. And while it is quite adequate, any extra income will help with making our dream of another place to live come true.

I am pushing 72, and Jo isn’t far behind me – so this next place will likely be the last place we live. We both have this one last dream of a better and more peaceful place to live. Any purchases made will help that last dream come true.

I do have a Patreon and have for quite some time. After several years there, I have only 2 Patrons – and I thank you both from the bottom of my heart (you know who you are..). I am not sure how long I am going to keep it open. I have thought about shutting it down - I may or may not – that decision will come closer to December. For anyone who would like to contribute, but just make a one-time donation rather than monthly, that can easily be done through PayPal. I will have a link once I get everything set up on the site.

In closing, let me just say this… I DO NOT want anyone to feel obligated in any way. That is not what this is about. I appreciate all of you, and I love that you enjoy my T.N.A. story, and my other work – here or on Renderosity, or Art Station, or any other gallery. If you feel moved to contribute, I thank you very much! If you don’t or can’t no problem. You are still my friends, and I still love you all.

Thanks for reading this lengthy epistle and have a wonderful day! Stay safe, stay healthy, wear your masks, and keep creating!

Rod

Comments

Popular Posts