February – March 2024

 Time for a quick update on happenings here at the House Of Rod – and Jo, of course.

First, a quick couple of photos of the house next door. What a difference!

Here's an over-view of the house. Of course, all the construction waste will be gone once it's completed.

The garage sure looks different than last time I showed it!

I have taken a little hiatus from Renderosity for now. Yes, I WILL be going back pretty soon, but there are a couple reasons I’ve stepped away for now. Firstly, I’ve had a bunch of things I’ve wanted to get done for a long time. My shop was a horrid mess, and I needed to take some time to make it a workable space again (see below) I have some modifications I want to add to my computer desks I built a couple years ago.

Here's an overall view of the shop / laundry room. You can actually see the table tops now!

 
Here's my main workbench with the bandsaw. 
 
 
And finally, here's the small project / electrical bench. Looks better than it did a few days ago!

 

Secondly; and how can I say this nicely… The galleries at Renderosity have changed – and not in a good way. Right now, there are several posters (I will not call them “artists”) that post the daily limit (8 images / day) of repetitive images of Poser / DAZ / AI images and models in similar, boring poses. And a LOT of long-time artists at Rendo have left because of this. No one is happy with this latest flooding of similar images that take zero effort or inspiration to create and post.

One person posts 8 images of rather heavy and voluptuous ladies in similar, boring poses – EVERY FREAKING DAY! Another person posts what seem to be promotional images of models again, in similar poses, and the daily limit of 8 images. EVERY DAY. These last two have been doing this for months. And the number of people jumping on the flooding bandwagon continues to increase. I have a growing list of the worst gallery spammers. I am not posting it anywhere for obvious reasons, but if you'd like to see it, shoot me an email.

The top brass (NOT the Moderators) at Rendo, refuse to do anything. I’ve asked several times why the daily limit cannot be lowered to 4 per day - so we wouldn't have so much nonsense to wade through. All I get is a week long ban allegedly for “harassing” these multi-repeat image authors.

Anyway, now that that’s off my chest…. No, I am NOT leaving Renderosity because of this. I’ll be damned if I give those self-centered, gallery bullies the satisfaction of an easy victory. Not happening.

In other news, I am currently doing some writing and studying for the continuation of the TNA story. I need to get pages 46, 47, 48, 49, and 50 written, planned, and laid out. Page 50 will be the end of Chapter 7. Then it’s on to Chapter 8. It will likely be the last chapter of the current Brietlnger Jar caper. But no worries… There will be more stories and side-stories in the future. They will be shorter than the current story which has been going on for almost 14 years!

Well, that’s it for this blog entry. I am planning on doing these once a month, or every 2 months worst case.

Stay well, stay creative and have a great Spring.

Comments

Popular Posts