Blog Entry 03-18-23

Well, it’s been a bit over a month since my last update, so (again) I’m playing catch-up.

The biggest change here has been getting our new “smart” phones. Indeed, the damn thing seems to be smarter than I am! It’s got more icons and doo-dads than all my computers put together! LOL (Not really, but it seems like it sometimes).



These are Android devices, and I’ve been using mine quite a bit. Jo hasn’t used hers much so far, but hopefully she’ll start getting used to it. The land-line is gone, now, so I’ve been busy finding all the businesses, and folks that had the old number to provide them with the new one. If I’ve not gotten to any of the folks out there that have the old one, shoot me an email, and I’ll give it to you.

I’ve been doing some work in this new office / computer room for storage purposes. I’m also looking at some additions / modifications to these computer desks in anticipation of moving in the - hopefully – foreseeable future. It’s going to be a very busy spring.

 I’ve been doing a bit of research on domain / hosting / email providers, and I’m probably going to go with NameCheap.com for my new host. I’m tired of GoDaddy’s nonsense, and so-so customer support.

I brought up NameCheap’s website, and contacted their customer service chat. Not only did I NOT have to fart around with a stupid ‘chat-bot’ for a half-hour to finally get sent to a human, but I got the information I needed, and my questions answered quickly.

I will probably start the migration process next week, so my Rodslair.com site might be unavailable for a short period. A domain transfer / website migration can take anywhere from a half-hour to 5 – 6 days, so I wanted to make everyone aware of that. I will post a notification here when I start the process.

That’s it for now. It’s looking like a very busy spring / summer coming up, so I’ll try to post updates as frequently as possible.

Comments

Popular Posts