Quick Update..

Just a quick one - lots of stuff going on here...

I posted a YouTube video regarding those "boutique' custom-designed and built computers offered by Velocity, Origin, Titan, just to name a few. Are they worth the extra money?

 08-04-18.... I took the video down. After two months it had a total of 5 or 6 views, so why bother? The gist of the video was basically no, they are not - at least in my experience. I have far better luck with the Powerspec computers at my local Microcenter.

Speaking of such.... I had to send that POS Velocity laptop back to them again - at my cost: $84.00 - for more testing. They will put it back to the way it was when it left the factory, and hopefully it will actually WORK this time.

Got it back, and while it works, it still drops the USB ports about every 3rd time I boot it up. All is OK if I unplug the USB devices, then boot it up and plug them in after it's booted up completely. I'll just put up with it as is - it's not a big issue to plug in the USB devices. And I'm NOT sending it back. I'm done with Velocity.
 

In other news, our great-nephew, Josh was injured in a car accident, and is now in the ICU over at Children's Mercy. We were able to see him over the weekend, and he seems to be doing better, but the road to recovery will be a long one.

That's pretty much it. Working on some new stuff for the T.N.A. story, and doing some work on the house. We've been here 15 years, and the neighborhood seems to be slowly but surely headed in the downhill direction.

More coming soon...

Later,
Rod


Comments

Popular Posts