November 21, 2017

Just a quick update today....

I am in the process of totally re-designing my website - it has looked the same for..... I can't even remember how long it's had the same design!

It will have a fresh, new look, and will be a lot easier to navigate. There will be a lot of stuff that will go away; the "links library" will go away. Most of the links on it are old, and many of the sites linked to no longer exist. The genealogy page will be gone. No one really cares about that but me, and I have it bookmarked. Some other things will be trimmed as well.

There will be changes made to the Art and Photography pages, and of course my Graphic Novel, "The Girls From T.N.A." will remain - although I'll be updating the look of it as well.

One of the other reasons I'm doing such a massive update on the site is I want to put more emphasis on sales of my artwork, photography, and - a little later - other products I'm working on. I've just opened a store on Redbubble, and will be adding a lot of stuff there. I'll also be adding my Cafe Press store, and possibly Etsy as well. So come buy my stuff, and make my day! 😁

In other news....

I've pretty much completed the renovation of my studio / computer room in the basement. Everything is back up and running, although I've had to replace a couple computers in the last few months. More on that later.

For those that don't know, I had a flood in the basement back in August. The evening of August 21 - right after the great eclipse - it rained, and rained, and rained.... Non-stop all afternoon, and night. Tuesday morning I discovered about 2 - 2 1/2 inches of water in the computer room. Although I feel fortunate compared to what the folks in Texas, Florida, and especially Puerto Rico had to deal with, it still caused plenty of damage. Fortunately (and amazingly), none of the computers were damaged, but I ended up having to move 90% of the stuff out of the room, strip the carpet, rip out all the old tile that was under the carpet, put down waterproofing, install new tile, and take care of all the other little details one runs into with a renovation.

Anyway, that's all done (other than the normal little 'tweaks' - this place is a continual WIP), and I'm really happy with the way it looks. I did not put carpet back down, BTW. I have a few things I want to do in the shop, but I've already made some improvements in there, too.

I'll be posting some photos, and probably a video or three...

Well, that's about it for today.... I did say "quick update," didn't I? 😉

Until next time.... Have a good one!

Comments

Popular Posts