Latest Stuff - 03-23-21..

 Things have been really busy at the House of Shelley the last few weeks. Even more than usual... ๐Ÿ™„

First, and most important, we got our COVID vaccinations last Saturday at the mass vaccination event at Arrowhead Stadium (in the parking lot, actually). The folks there were great, and it was really well organized. They were using the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which is one injection and you're done. It was totally painless - Jo hates needles, and even she barely felt anything. We had no reaction other than some very mild soreness for a couple days, and that was it.

I've been working on the first of the new computer desks - I finally was able to get more panels for the legs/shelves. Here's a few photos of what I have so far.


This will be the desk for my main Photoshop machine. It's an L-shaped desk, and will have room for a laptop as well. The section on the right will house the computer and UPS (the desk is upside-down, obviously), and the shelf is on drawer slides, and will support the flatbed scanner. It will slide out when I need to scan stuff, then slide back in out of the way when finished.

 

Here's another angle from the opposite side. The support / shelf on the left is on the L-shaped section, and will store notebooks with DVD / CDs. The corner leg is on the right. 

 

And just another angle. This desk is designed to fit in a corner. I will most likely install casters so it's easier to move around. Obviously, I'll take a good deal of time to do the finish work - sanding, staining, and applying a nice, glossy urethane finish. It's gotta look pretty, after all!

I will be constructing 3 more benches for the other machines, but they will just be straight rather than L-shaped. Part of the reason I'm doing this is to make the desks a bit more compact, with everything consolidated a bit more effectively. We are planning on relocating sometime in the near future, and I want the desks to be easier to disassemble, and take up less space once re-assembled. I am planning on having the computers on the main level of the house (whatever house we end up with) rather than freezing down in the basement during the winter like I have here for years. No more.

As part of our plans to move, we have been going through tons of stuff we've accumulated over almost 50 years (our 50th anniversary is in June), and doing a lot of down-sizing. Jo stumbled onto a couple good-sized boxes full of old photos and negatives. I've been busy scanning all those negatives - and a bunch of prints - to preserve them and make them easier to move, store, and find.

All this, and working on the T.N.A. story as well. I got the Mavic drone out the other day, and took it for a short test spin in the front yard. It still performs beautifully. If it ever stops raining, I'll use it to inspect the roof as much as possible, and maybe post a few photos. We've had a bit of a problem lately with - SOMETHING - running around in the attic. I strongly suspect raccoons. I think I scared it / them off a few days ago by pounding on the ceiling below them (in the bedroom, of course... nice..), but I want to try and see where they're getting in.

Anyway, that's it for today. Wish me luck with all this craziness! LOL



Comments

Popular Posts