Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Down AGAIN.....

Once again, my website is DOWN!

WTF is wrong with GoDaddy! They have gone from being the best webhosting provider - back when Bob Parsons owned it - to a worthless piece of crap! Last Friday evening it went down, and it took 3 phone calls and a non-productive 'chat' with some idiot who didn't have a clue. "Well, it comes up for me," he said... Yeah, of course it does when you're on THE SAME NETWORK as your server, you moron.

They finally got it working Sunday night - for a while. Tuesday morning it was back down for a while, then it was back on line. Now today, Wednesday, it's down again. I called their tech support, and was basically told "The agent you talked to last time said the ticket shouldn't have been closed." No S##T, Sherlock! Apparently it's not down everywhere - he had me bring up a site called Geopeek, and the site seemed to come up in Singapore, India, Austrailia, and a few other places. It came up in California after a lengthy delay, and never appeared in Virginia. Or here.

I was told the server responsible is being 'blocked' by certain ISPs for some reason, and a "major update" was being rolled out tonight. Beyond that there was nothing they could do.

Well, there's something I can do... First is put out the word everywhere I can. GoDaddy has become extremely unreliable, and beyond the phone techs, completely unresponsive. I faxed a letter to their Phoenix headquarters Sunday afternoon. I have yet to get any kind of response.

I also just received an email from them asking me to take a short survey.... "So they can be sure I received the excellent service they are known for..." My responses on the survey did not reflect that. I'm sure that will make a difference....

Anyway, I'm going to be looking for a new provider very soon. It will be a giant PITA getting everything moved and configured, but I've had it with GoDaddy! For anyone reading this missive who is considering finding a GOOD hosting service, don't waste your time with GoDaddy. They USED to be good. Now they aren't worth the powder it would take to blow them to hell.

No comments: