Sunday, July 08, 2012

Last Week on Nights..

Tonight begins my last week on night shift for a while. To say I'm glad is a bit like saying water is wet.

I'll be going on mid-shift (2:30PM - 10:30PM) after that - which isn't much better, but at least I'll be able to sleep when it's dark!

I spoke with my Aunt yesterday; my dad has been staying with her in Oak Grove since Thursday. As it stands now, she's planning on moving him in to her place permanently. I hope it works out well - for both of them. She says he's very mellow and pleasant when he's around her; he's not grumpy and disagreeable at all like he is around me. I'm not sure why this is - I'm certainly no psychologist - but I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I'm his son. In his subconscious he may still be looking at me as a kid. It's hard to tell with the way he is mentally, now. So sad. But at least he'll have constant company, which is what he craves. And it's not that far for me to go and visit. So maybe things are working out for the best.

I'm hoping things will calm down a bit, now.

No comments: